Dear Location Professionals…
On behalf of the Film Liaisons In California, Statewide (FLICS), we proudly present the California On Location Awards™ (COLAs) as our way of saying “Thank You.”
Thanks for keeping us in the loop each time you visit our areas, and thanks for continuing to demonstrate industry-leading professionalism, courtesy and respect while filming out on-location.
Your partnership with us plays a vital role in our success. Together, we keep our communities enthusiastic about location filming, ensuring that future film projects will be welcomed in cities, towns and neighborhoods throughout the Golden State.
There are two different ways for individuals and teams to be nominated for COLA consideration. The first method involves the offices of the Film Liaisons in California Statewide (FLICS), which are asked annually to nominate location scouts, location managers and production companies who exemplify above and beyond levels of performance while filming on-location in their jurisdictions.
Entertainment industry professionals may also nominate individuals or companies that embody those levels of performance and bring the on-location experience to the level of art. Each year, COLA bestows awards on both individuals and production teams.
Individual film professionals may be nominated for Location Manager of the Year (Studio or Independent Feature, Television Episodic Episode or Pilot, Television Episodic Season, Reality Television, Commercial or Still Photography). Government employees at the city, county, state and federal level may be nominated for Public Employee of the Year.
Group nominations are also accepted for Location Team of the Year (Studio or Independent Feature, Television Episodic and Commercials).
Representatives of Teamsters Local 399 also annually recognize one or more Assistant Location Managers of the Year (eligible categories include Feature Film and Television Episodic).
- Nominee(s) must have worked with a California production between July 1, 2013 and June 30, 2014.
- A nominator may submit multiple nominations for multiple nominees, but only one nomination per nominee and only one nomination per form.
- Entries will be reviewed as they are received and either qualified or rejected by COLA organizers.
- Organizers will inform nominators of their entries’ qualification/rejection status within five business days.
- Two or more individuals may not share a nomination in any category intended to honor individuals for their achievements. Shared nominations are acceptable for team awards only.
- COLA organizers may eliminate awards categories for which fewer than 3 qualifying nominations are received.
- Entries must be received on or before midnight PDT on July 11, 2014 to receive consideration.
- Incomplete or late nomination forms will be rejected.
- No extensions will be given for the purposes of amending an incomplete or rejected nomination.